Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yesterday and friendships

So I'm sitting here today typing. I don't do this very often put words to this blog, although I do have a lot to say but generally just say it to myself, the wall, the coffee cup, today is different.

Yesterday, I met up with a friend Eric. We had a few coffees in the Scooter Bar on Lower Marsh. It was a good talk mostly about art and photography and what's happening in the world. I mentioned to him about a Mac problem I'm having, it was a techy problem, something I knew in my heart I couldn't solve. He had a few suggestions which I investigated this morning, and guess what the problem is solved. Now I only mention this because it gave me reason to reflect on friendships, not that I have many, I'm sort of a loner and didn't grow up in this country hence no childhood friends here. But you can't beat having someone outside your family circle to give you a clearer picture of the world.

Oh and the Scooter bar, I used to live 3 doors away over the Discount Shoe Bar when I first came to London in 96. It's an honest, cool, coffee bar just south of Waterloo Station. It's cramped, less than sanitary (as per Starbucks), if your lucky you may see the occasional rat the size of a cat running around in the street. It used to be a scooter shop, so there are all kinds of mechanical bits and pieces lying around. Go there, have a coffee, talk about life and for a little while the shit world disappears.

Here are some pictures I took in the Scooter Bar a few years ago.
HERE and HERE
T

No comments:

Post a Comment